Web Developer, AutoLoop
Developer for automotive marketing company.
- developed, as part of a team of five developers, a web application used for e-mail and print mail campaigns/communications, which provides opportunities for customer retention in the automotive space
- used C# 5.0, Angular, MVC 5.0, Web API, Entity Framework 6.0, SQL 2014, jQuery, Bootstrap
- used Slack and FogBugz for collaboration; used GitHub for source control
Web Developer, AFG Technologies
Developer for automotive financial company.
- developed, as part of a team of ten developers, a web application used by automotive dealers to process finance and insurance (F&I) information related to car purchases
- used C# 5.0, AngularJS and MVC 5.0, Entity Framework, SQL 2014, jQuery, Bootstrap
- application allowed dealers to create/edit new deals as well as sell additional products (e.g. vehicle service contracts, various warranty packages)
- new features (e.g. admin screens for editing fee builds) were developed with AngularJS as a front-end, making calls to Web API controllers
- used Flowdock, JIRA, and Confluence for collaboration; used Git/SourceTree for source control
Consultant, EXP Pharmaceutical Services Corp
Developer for pharmaceutical services company.
- developed, as part of a team of six developers, an MVC application to manage data in the processing of pharmaceutical products (the client offers various services to hospitals and pharmacies related to the pick-up and disposal of expired medication)
- configured SQL replication to synchronize data with a separate WinForms field application used by client's employees
- translated Oracle PL/SQL to T-SQL
- developed SSIS packages for loading flat-file data into SQL
Senior Developer, MC2
Web development consultant for marketing design company.
- developed ASP.NET application used to manage project life cycle; application is used in creation of client estimates, labor orders, graphic work orders, design requests, shipping authorizations, production orders, change orders, invoices, etc.
- used ASP.NET MVC, C# 4.0, VS 2010, SQL 2008, jQuery, Infragistics, WCF web services
.NET Developer, Allianz Global Investors
C# and SQL development consultant for financial services company.
- developed WinForms ProductMaster application (VS 2008, C# 3.0) to maintain mutual fund information for asset management company; app grouped data based on product line (e.g. open-end managed funds, 529 plan funds, exchange-traded funds) as well as fund share classes; app used remote Windows service for data access
- enhanced ProductMaster application with functionality to import data from Excel (using Open XML SDK) and to export data to CSV files; also refactored application to add a business layer, improve performance
- developed SSIS package and C# console application to export and FTP data; used SQL 2008 pivots to aggregate data
- wrote ASP.NET applications to search/update contacts for use by CRM department
Senior Developer, Retna Ltd
Senior-level developer for independent photo agency.
- performed ongoing development for a media company AJAX-enabled website, using ASP.NET 3.5 (C#) and SQL 2005; restructured existing code to facilitate maintenance and new development (e.g. using features of C# 3.0)
- developed WCF REST-based API for iPhone application
- built Windows services to ingest and serve images; provided client access via .NET remoting
- wrote utility WPF/WinForms apps (multithreaded for UI updates): automated detection and removal of border from images; updates to image metadata while creating back-up copies of image files; bulk download of images
- used CLR stored procedures to streamline image searching
- developed custom FTP server to improve process whereby photographers uploaded images (e.g. blocking images with missing metadata)
Web Developer, Kaplan Inc
Developed web-based business-level software for education services company.
- developed performance analysis software using a Flex front-end with an ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) business layer and a SQL 2005 backend; application allowed customers to view information and scores related to test preparation products
- developed web application to output PDF documents; utilized a third-party library but developed custom controls (e.g. pie chart) as necessary
- created multi-threaded WinForms application to load student score data to be used for reporting purposes
Senior Developer, Northpoint Solutions
Provided .NET development expertise to clients of various industries.
- lead developer for web-based and WinForms applications for financial services company providing information on tax reclaim of foreign investments
- implemented all development in .NET 2.0 (C#) and SQL 2005, using Infragistics controls; deployed WinForms app using ClickOnce technology
- lead developer in designing intranet billing application for healthcare facility using ASP.NET (VB.NET)/SQL Server 2000; application streamlined process of recording patient billing information and allowed efficient submission to third-party application
- created custom server controls, nested data grids, and client-side scripting to give an intuitive UI for users to create and modify batches of billing records; incorporated Infragistic controls as part of a frontend set of user controls
- wrote stored procedures to calculate eligible billing information based on status of previous batches
- developed website for art information company using ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) and SQL Server 2000, using new technologies such as AJAX, Master Pages, Generics, SiteMap controls
- created frontend system for search of various art-related data items as well as an internal backend system using Telerik controls to give client ability to edit existing content
- developed Flash controls for inclusion in the website home page
- created business objects as manager classes to interact with database API
- participated in all aspects of SDLC as part of a mid-size team development process
Programmer-Analyst, Corporate Marketing Solutions
Designed and implemented Internet and printing applications for financial institutions.
- managed group of 5 programmers and IT staff
- developed Internet e-commerce order fulfillment and inventory management systems and intranet quote system with ASP.NET (C#)/SQL Server 2000
- created client/server application using .NET WinForms for rendering bank customer statements in Crystal Reports 9.0 with electronic check images; presented images via the Web using ASP.NET to allow online reconciliation of Federal Reserve image data to statement data using SQL stored procedures and views, providing pinpoint accuracy for client product; project led to marketing initiative that attracted new business from banks looking to meet standards of Check 21 law
- designed and rendered credit-card statements utilizing Crystal Reports and XML data; designed and implemented SQL Server databases used for these statements
- automated updating of shipping/freight charges and UPS tracking numbers through SQL DTS, reducing labor costs
Software Developer/Programmer, Root Electro-Optics
Created image-processing software for a company specializing in machine vision systems.
- developed and maintained company website with ASP.NET (C#)/SQL Server 2000
- reduced production-line cost with client/server .NET application; program monitored and detected real-time errors in case-packaging system by analyzing image data; involved in designing, administering and maintaining SQL Server databases for storage of images; project was also key in drawing new business
- developed robust .NET routines for image edge-detection of test tubes containing medical samples; provided algorithms to be used in assembler-language apparatus
- clients included a leading medical equipment company and a popular beverage company
- tested and debugged software extensively prior to implementation as part of full SDLC
System Administrator, Citigroup Asset Management
Provided technical and functional expertise in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of trade order systems.
- provided production support for Decalog trading system, Salerio messaging middleware
- provided technical and functional support, training, and documentation to traders, portfolio managers, and trade support
- maintained SQL Server database for securities, definitions, pricing, issuers, accounts and holdings
Assistant Operations Manager, Citigroup Asset Management
Oversaw settlement of daily trading activity of large institutional portfolios consisting of equity, fixed-income and money-market instruments
- interfaced with external clients and all receive and deliver areas, including foreign and domestic custodians/brokers, to monitor trade issues and resolve fails
- participated in conversion to new front-end trading and ETD systems
- reconciled cash transactions/assets between investment adviser and custodians